HomeAbout GeorgeWorking for youLocal informationHelp and adviceExpensesContact me
  Help and advice

Helping constituents with problems is a very important part of my work. If you wish to raise an issue, you can contact my office via telephone on 0151 546 9918, or via email at george.howarth.mp@parliament.uk
If you require a face-to-face appointment, details of the next surgery can be found here (please note that surgeries operate on an appointment only basis).

What sort of advice can I give?

I can only deal with problems for you if you live in the Knowsley constituency. If you live outside this constituency you should approach your own representative. You can find out who your MP is by using the 'Find your MP' tool.

What am I not allowed to do?

There are a number of things I am not allowed to do:

- Influence legal actions or court cases. For that sort of problem you should consult a qualified solicitor. I am not legally qualified so cannot give legal advice.

- Instruct any Department or Agency on what they should do, nor can I instruct the local Council what to do. I can make representations on your behalf, and make sure these are taken into account.

- Become involved in personal disputes between you and someone else.

More information

The House of Commons Library publishes factsheets about the work of Parliament including one which deals specifically with the role of an MP in relation to constituents.

Who else might be able to help?

If you have a problem to do with the local council then you should contact your local councillor first. You can find out who your local councillor is by clicking here if you are in Knowsley. Alternatively, you can phone Knowsley Council on 0151 489 6000.



Search georgehowarth.org.uk





©2007-19 Rt Hon George Howarth MP for Knowsley